Naraka: Bladepoint comes out on PlayStation 5 on July 13 alongside a switch across all platforms to free-to-play.
The mythical melee battle royale also gets a new mode, called Capture the Spirit Well, a new hero called Tessa, and a new Dual Halberd weapon. Cross-play across all platforms launches July 13, too.
Naraka: Bladepoint, developed by 24 Entertainment and published by NetEase Games Montreal, launched on PC in August 2021 before Xbox Series X and S in June 2022. The new PS5 version launches just over a year later.
NetEase said Naraka: Bladepoint has now crossed the 20 million unique player mark. It’s a regular in Steam’s top 100 played games by concurrents list. At the time of publication, Naraka: Bladepoint was the 17th most-played game on Steam with just shy of 60,000 concurrents.
IGN’s Naraka: Bladepoint review returned an 8/10: “Superb melee combat and gravity-defying movement make Naraka: Bladepoint a clever spin on the familiar battle royale formula.”
Here’s the list of new features coming with the F2P launch:
- Capture the Spirit Well: A 12v12 gang wars battle that allows players to capture locations to earn points
- New Dual Halberds Weapon: Combines a spear and a dagger into one. It can stab straight and also strike horizontally with the ability to lock other weapons
- Justice Chamber updates to Guild Mode: Position and more features will be added to the current guild system
- New Hero – Tessa: Tessa is a 1000-year-old fox demon, who can charm her enemies and capture their souls
- Veteran rewards: Players who previously purchased the game will receive in game gold equivalent to what edition they currently possess and more
- PlayStation 5 player exclusive items
- Anniversary in-game events and rewards
- Collaboration with Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains (based on a famous Chinese painting)
- 3D Lobby: Players can grapple around and explore while queuing
- New season skin theme: Classic of Mountains and Seas and the god of four seasons
- XGP Benefits: Players with a Naraka account via Xbox Game Pass will be automatically upgraded from the Standard Edition to the new Deluxe Edition containing in-game rewards